Climax-Scotts Community Schools has the following position(s) available:
(NEW) Long-Term Full Time GSRP LEAD
Long-Term Full Time GSRP LEAD
Climax-Scotts is seeking a highly qualified teacher to teach GSRP from about the first week in January for a maternity leave. Ending time is still being determined. Hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30 – 3:30, and a few AM planning hours on Friday mornings.
Applicants must be a certified substitute teacher, or hold a valid Michigan Elementary Teaching Certificate, and meet all federal and state requirements to be highly qualified. Experience working with upper elementary children preferred but not required. Climax Scotts Elementary offers small class sizes, a dedicated and supportive administration and community, and an excellent, well-trained support staff who are committed to assisting teachers and students.
Accepting only online information to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Include: Cover letter, resume with transcripts, copy of teaching certificate, and three letters of recommendation.
Deadline: Until Filled
(NEW) JR/SR HS FULL-TIME GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
POSITION: Full-Time Guidance Counselor
BUILDING: Jr/Sr High School (Grades 6-12)
DEADLINE: Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- State of Michigan School Guidance Counselor Certification
- Preference to individuals holding a Valid Michigan Teaching Certification
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be comfortable providing individual and small group counseling, as well as classroom presentations
- Counsel individual students through the development of educational and career plans
- Provide orientations for students new to the school
- Knowledge in Multi-Tiered System of Supports, including school-wide PBIS, learning theory, child development, behavioral disorders, and testing and measurement
- Evidence of ability to work successfully with students, staff and community resources.
- Facilitate and schedule student course schedules
- Participate in child study meetings
- Responsible for district and state student assessments
- Participate in District level staff meetings, in-service activities, school improvement teams and planning committees as appropriate
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with students, staff, and parents
- Highly organized, flexible, efficient, goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Other duties as assigned by building administration
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants interested for the position should send the following information to both Principal, Brent Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Copy of Certification and/or Valid Teaching Certification
Copy of Transcripts
Three letters of recommendation
(NEW) ELEMENTARY PARAPROFESSIONALS
Climax-Scotts is seeking qualified para-professionals
Applicants must have passed the Work Keys test, OR hold an associate’s degree. Applicants must enjoy working within a team and possess a positive attitude who is willing to learn our procedures.
Climax Scotts Elementary offers small class sizes, a dedicated and supportive administration, staff, and community, as well as an excellent, well-trained support staff who are committed to assisting teachers and students.
Send toTeri Peters, Elementary Principal
Accepting only online information to:email@example.com
Please Include: Cover letter, resume, transcripts (if applicable), copy of Work Keys results (if applicable) and three letters of recommendation.
Deadline: Until Filled
(NEW) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Position Available Immediately
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
$10.00 per hour
- Previous experience in a school setting preferred.
- Must have a clean criminal background - you will be required to undergo fingerprinting.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Self-motivated and positive.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with ALL staff and students.
- Able to do general cleaning, including floor care (stripping/waxing/scrubbers), windows, restrooms, bleachers, desks and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and/or a resume outlining your experience, along with any letters of recommendation.
Regular postal mail
Climax-Scotts Community Schools
Attn: Renee Bush, Superintendent's Assistant
372 South Main Street
Climax, MI 49034
2020-2021 PT GSRP ASSISTANT TEACHER
Assistant Teacher for GSRP program beginning 2020-2021 school year
Monday - Thursday 8:30 – 3:30; Friday AM Plan Team Time (29.5 hours per week)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, & three letters of reference to the following:
Deadline: Until filled
Planning lessons and activities along with the Pre-K Team
Follow the GSRP guidelines as outlined
Working with the team to conduct fall and spring home-visits; preparing paperwork as necessary
Hosting evening conferences and some evening Pre-K events
Other tasks as directed
Facilitate the arrival and departure of children and families in a pleasant, organized manner.
Show respect to children by listening attentively, responding, using eye contact, and getting on their level.
Use only positive discipline/guidance techniques as modeled by the Pre-K team and other staff.
Fingerprinting through FBI Licensing Vendor
There are other documents to be completed at the time of hire.
Please send a cover letter, resume, & three letters of reference to the following:
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMMUNITY SCHOOLS NEEDS BUS DRIVERS!
High school diploma or equivalent required. The individual must have: a valid Michigan drivers license, a positive driving record, and be able to obtain, within 60 days, a Commercial Driver's License with a P (passenger) and an S (school bus) endorsement. Must have the ability to manage students' behavior during transport, an excellent attendance record, be self-motivated, positive, and team-orientated with the ability to work cooperatively with staff and students. Must have the ability to read and understand maps. Must pass the State Skill Test, State Written Test, Department of Transportation physical and MDE Basic Training Program. Must be proficient in handling and maneuvering a school bus. Training is provided. If interested, please contact Tim Bridges, Transportation Supervisor (269) 746-5130 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climax-Scotts Community Schools is looking for substitute teachers for both the Elementary and Jr./Sr. High School
Please apply using the following instructions:
Questions or concerns? Call EDUStaff at 877.974.6338
The minimum requirements for a substitute teacher are:
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Sub Permit (Associates Degree/At least 60 credit hours in any program of study)
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Pay Scale: Full Day $75.00 / Half Day $40
Climax-Scotts Community Schools utilizes an outside staffing agency - EduStaff - to fill substitute teaching positions. If you are interested in subbing, please visit the EduStaff website.
NOTICE OF NON-DESCRIMINATION
The Board of Education shall comply with all Federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Board that no professional staff member, classified employee, or candidate for such a position in this District shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, sex or marital status, or disability, be discriminated against, excluded from any participation in, denied the benefits of or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which the Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.