Climax-Scotts Community Schools has the following position(s) available:
NOTICE OF NON-DESCRIMINATION
The Board of Education shall comply with all Federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Board that no professional staff member, classified employee, or candidate for such a position in this District shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, sex or marital status, or disability, be discriminated against, excluded from any participation in, denied the benefits of or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which the Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.
(REVISED) BOARD SECRETARY/PUBLIC RELATIONS
Board Secretary//Public Relations Manager
Full Time 12 Month Position
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Superintendent/Board of Education
Perform complex duties as a confidential assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Board of Education Secretary:
- Prepare all materials for the Board, including materials for regular, special (includes affidavits of posting and service) and work sessions of the Board. Set up all Board meetings, record, and prepare minutes as needed.
- Coordinate Acceptance and Oath of Office for newly elected Board members.
- Maintain attendance spreadsheet for Board members and process bi-annual Board of Education compensation.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent:
- Maintain regular communication with all Board members as instructed by the Superintendent.
- Assist in maintaining current Climax-Scotts Community Schools Board Policies and procedures.
- Maintain Board policy on Board Docs site, update and bring new/revised policies to the Board for two readings before approval by Board.
- Receive telephone and in-person callers, maintain a helpful, positive demeanor. Use discretion to determine those which are to be handled by the Superintendent personally, as well as those delegated to another administrator.
- Initiate and/or draft, prepare, and distribute a variety of documents, including but not limited to letters, memos, emails, acknowledgments, notices, forms, and reports.
- Maintain official files and retrieval systems of the Superintendent, Board, and Personnel.
- Act as District’s FOIA/PERA Coordinator.
- Responsible for bi-annual notification of Schools of Choice information to the local newspaper.
- Compile information, post positions on the district website and job sites, set up interview panels for open positions within the District.
- Find, prepare and/or assistant with the preparation of potential grants
- All other duties as assigned by Superintendent.
Public Relations Manager:
The leader of Communications will guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages in accordance with the strategic plan and core values. Through our core values, the communications leader will increase the visibility of what is going on in C-S Schools by telling the stories of what great things our organization is doing together with our community. This position supports the communications team in providing the community, students’ parents, educators, and staff with information about C-S Schools’ goals, services, and impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and distributing internal and external publicity for C-S Schools activities.
- Prepare and provide media to media representatives and others who may be interested in learning about or publicizing C-S Schools’ activities or message.
- Attend meetings as needed including the Board of Education meetings.
- Travel to C-S Schools sites to provide for each site’s public information needs.
- Represent district at public events and on community committees
- Provide communications support to collaborative initiatives with other community organizations.
- Oversee and ensure there are systems of maintenance of the C-S Schools’ website
- Manage all C-S Schools’ social media
- Track and measure the success of advertising and social media campaigns through analytics, enrollment, results, and customer feedback
- Create and implement an annual advertising calendar; secure all advertising and coordinate the creation of all ad work
- Maintain C-S Schools’ visual identity; review and approve work which carries C-S Schools’ logo and branding.
- Approve all program and event logos and taglines
- Write and update newsletters, publications, and flyers
- Research, order and maintain inventory of promotional/marketing items
- Assist with organizational photography and signage needs
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
Must have knowledge of and comply with the C-S Schools Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or directly related field of study. Advance level skills with technical writing for publication.
- Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, design software, presentation software and equipment, website content-management systems and social media
- Knowledge of public education, the news media, local government, and related political processes
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience
Certificates, License, Registration:
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience writing in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences and platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including listening and public speaking
- Keep administrator abreast of activity
- Works in a team-oriented fashion
- Ability to seek out, prioritize and evaluate new ideas and opportunities.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to efficiently use computer and applicable software
- Ability to problem solve and have the capacity to grow into higher level leadership
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to write reports and generate correspondence
- Maintains confidentiality
- Ability to work extended hours for attendance at evening district board meetings
- Displays willingness to support and make decisions with sound judgment in timely manner
- Adapts to frequent changes in the work environment
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Practices safe work habits
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
Doug Newington, Superintendent
(NEW) PRE-K THREES TEACHER WITH POTENTIAL PARAPRO HOURS
Elementary Pre-K Threes Teacher + Possible Para-Professional Hours
This is a permanent position beginning in school year 2021-2022
Pre-K Threes Teacher: Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 – 11:30
Option for an additional 23.5 hours of para-professional work.
Pay Rate: Commensurate with Experience
Deadline: Until Filled
Tasks listed below:
Building para duties may include reading support, small group instruction, recess and/or cafeteria supervision, and other miscellaneous duties.
Must be able to work well within a team in a positive manner. Experience working with students preferred.
The “No Child Left Behind Act” mandates that all para educators meet certain educational requirements. This position requires someone to be "Highly Qualified" which would be either an Associate's Degree or higher in a child-related field and/or some semester hours + work experience hours.
Please send your resume package to Principal Teri Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume package must include the following:
Cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, and transcripts and/or teaching license if applicable.
(NEW) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Position Available Immediately
Monday – Friday
3:00 - 11:30 p.m.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Previous experience in a school setting preferred.
- Must have a clean criminal background - you will be required to undergo fingerprinting.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Self-motivated and positive.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with ALL staff and students.
- Able to do general cleaning, including floor care (stripping/waxing/scrubbers), windows, restrooms, bleachers, desks and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and/or a resume outlining your experience, along with any letters of recommendation.
Regular postal mail
Climax-Scotts Community Schools
Attn: Scott Simmons, Maintenance & Custodial Supervisor
372 South Main Street
Climax, MI 49034
(NEW) ELEMENTARY PARAPROFESSIONALS
Climax-Scotts is seeking qualified para-professionals
Applicants must have passed the Work Keys test, OR hold an associate’s degree. Applicants must enjoy working within a team and possess a positive attitude who is willing to learn our procedures.
Climax Scotts Elementary offers small class sizes, a dedicated and supportive administration, staff, and community, as well as an excellent, well-trained support staff who are committed to assisting teachers and students.
Send toTeri Peters, Elementary Principal
Accepting only online information to:email@example.com
Please Include: Cover letter, resume, transcripts (if applicable), copy of Work Keys results (if applicable) and three letters of recommendation.
Deadline: Until Filled
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMMUNITY SCHOOLS NEEDS BUS DRIVERS!
High school diploma or equivalent required. The individual must have: a valid Michigan drivers license, a positive driving record, and be able to obtain, within 60 days, a Commercial Driver's License with a P (passenger) and an S (school bus) endorsement. Must have the ability to manage students' behavior during transport, an excellent attendance record, be self-motivated, positive, and team-orientated with the ability to work cooperatively with staff and students. Must have the ability to read and understand maps. Must pass the State Skill Test, State Written Test, Department of Transportation physical and MDE Basic Training Program. Must be proficient in handling and maneuvering a school bus. Training is provided. If interested, please contact Tim Bridges, Transportation Supervisor (269) 746-5130 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climax-Scotts Community Schools is looking for substitute teachers for both the Elementary and Jr./Sr. High School
Please apply using the following instructions:
Questions or concerns? Call EDUStaff at 877.974.6338
The minimum requirements for a substitute teacher are:
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Sub Permit (Associates Degree/At least 60 credit hours in any program of study)
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Pay Scale: Full Day $75.00 / Half Day $40
Climax-Scotts Community Schools utilizes an outside staffing agency - EduStaff - to fill substitute teaching positions. If you are interested in subbing, please visit the EduStaff website.