Climax-Scotts Community Schools has the following position(s) available:
Reopened 8/27/20 Central Office Administrative Assistant
Central Office Administrative Assistant
Monday – Friday Full Time 12 Month Position
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Reports to: Superintendent
Perform complex duties as a confidential administrative aide to the Superintendent and Board of Education, relieving them of a wide variety of administrative and Human Resource details.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Board of Education Secretary:
- Serve as the Board of Education recording secretary. Prepare all materials for the Board, including materials for regular, special (includes affidavits of posting and service) and work sessions of the Board. Set up and attend all Board meetings, take and prepare minutes.
- Coordinate Acceptance and Oath of Office for newly elected Board members.
- Maintain attendance spreadsheet for Board members and process bi-annual Board of Education compensation.
- Maintain regular communication with all Board members as instructed by the Superintendent.
- Assist in maintaining current Climax-Scotts Community Schools Board Policies and procedures.
- Maintain Board policy on Board Docs site, update and bring new/revised policies to the Board for two readings before approval by Board.
- Make all necessary arrangements for travel and conference for Superintendent and Board.
- Receive telephone and in-person callers, maintain a helpful, positive demeanor. Use discretion to determine those which are to be handled by the Superintendent personally, as well as those delegated to another administrator.
- Initiate and/or draft, prepare and distribute a variety of documents, including but not limited to letters, memos, emails, acknowledgments, notices, forms, and reports.
- Maintain official files and retrieval systems of the Superintendent, Board, and Personnel.
- Act as District’s FOIA/PERRA Coordinator.
- Coordinate District Back to School Breakfast. Create and compile employee packets and distribute them. Collect, sort and implement changes returned.
- Coordinate District End of Year Luncheon. Maintain employee years of service, ordering necessary awards, compile perfect attendance awards.
Business Office Assistant:
- Process purchase orders, accounts receivable billings and accounts payable batches for the District’s General Fund.
- Responsible for bi-annual notification of Schools of Choice information to the local newspaper.
- Act as the point of contact for District Student Release requests. Maintain communication between the resident district and the desired district.
- Order and maintain all office supplies, break room supplies and yearly paper order for District.
- Create transportation routes average time spreadsheet annually.
- Process bi-weekly payroll timesheets for District’s EDUStaff employees. Act as District Manager for all EDUStaff employees. Maintain EDUStaff on-line portal, reviewing and approving all new subs for the District. Communicate available subs to building secretaries.
- Maintain payroll records and accounts ensuring wages are distributed in accordance with District’s master schedule/job duties.
- Process ACA payroll files, uploading to SET SEG for compliance and tracking.
- Compile information, post positions on the district website and job sites, set up interview panels for open positions within the District.
- Keep records of benefit plan participation, insurance, and pension plans, personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Maintain Teacher and Bus Driver seniority lists.
- Monitor and update social media
- Review and update District website
- Responsible for compiling information from each District building to complete the District School Infrastructure Database (SID) annual submission to the Michigan Department of Education.
- All other duties as assigned by Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required or Preferred:
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability for the successful performance of the functions listed.
- Outstanding skills at using technology and Microsoft Office Suite appropriately and efficiently.
- Knowledge of Synergy, OnBase Document Retrieval/Workflow, MiSuite Financial, and Human Resource System.
- Exhibit listening, patience, caring, and empathy when relating to staff and community.
- Skilled in effective oral and written communication with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability in taking and preparing minutes.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, exercise judgment and creativity and willingness to work with others as a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure from the public, workload, and employees.
- Ability to work extended hours for attendance at evening district board meetings
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to:
Doug Newington, Superintendent
(NEW) JR/SR HS FULL-TIME GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
POSITION: Full-Time Guidance Counselor
BUILDING: Jr/Sr High School (Grades 6-12)
DEADLINE: Until Filled
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
- State of Michigan School Guidance Counselor Certification
- Preference to individuals holding a Valid Michigan Teaching Certification
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be comfortable providing individual and small group counseling, as well as classroom presentations
- Counsel individual students through the development of educational and career plans
- Provide orientations for students new to the school
- Knowledge in Multi-Tiered System of Supports, including school-wide PBIS, learning theory, child development, behavioral disorders, and testing and measurement
- Evidence of ability to work successfully with students, staff and community resources.
- Facilitate and schedule student course schedules
- Participate in child study meetings
- Responsible for district and state student assessments
- Participate in District level staff meetings, in-service activities, school improvement teams and planning committees as appropriate
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with students, staff, and parents
- Highly organized, flexible, efficient, goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Other duties as assigned by building administration
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants interested for the position should send the following information to both Principal, Brent Cole (email@example.com):
Copy of Certification and/or Valid Teaching Certification
Copy of Transcripts
Three letters of recommendation
(NEW) Elementary Food Service Helper
(NEW) FOOD SERVICE HELPER
PART TIME POSITION
Climax-Scotts Food Service
LOCATION: Climax-Scotts Elementary
POSITION: Cook’s Helper
RATE OF PAY: $10.00
SCHEDULE: School Year Monday – Friday
JOB DUTIES: Prep Breakfast & Lunch, and Serve Lunch
Run Meal Magic/Cash Register as needed
Assist with the Back to School Breakfast and End of Year Luncheon
All other duties as assigned by the head cook
REQUIREMENTS: Fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment
CONTACT: Climax-Scotts Community Schools
Attn: Robin Peck
372 South Main Street
Climax, MI 49034
PHONE: (269) 746-2308 or (269) 823-2886 Cell
(NEW) ELEMENTARY PARAPROFESSIONALS
Climax-Scotts is seeking qualified para-professionals
Applicants must have passed the Work Keys test, OR hold an associate’s degree. Applicants must enjoy working within a team and possess a positive attitude who is willing to learn our procedures.
Climax Scotts Elementary offers small class sizes, a dedicated and supportive administration, staff, and community, as well as an excellent, well-trained support staff who are committed to assisting teachers and students.
Send toTeri Peters, Elementary Principal
Accepting only online information to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Include: Cover letter, resume, transcripts (if applicable), copy of Work Keys results (if applicable) and three letters of recommendation.
Deadline: Until Filled
(NEW) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Position Available Immediately
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
$10.00 per hour
- Previous experience in a school setting preferred.
- Must have a clean criminal background - you will be required to undergo fingerprinting.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Self-motivated and positive.
- Possess the ability to work cooperatively with ALL staff and students.
- Able to do general cleaning, including floor care (stripping/waxing/scrubbers), windows, restrooms, bleachers, desks and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and/or a resume outlining your experience, along with any letters of recommendation.
Regular postal mail
Climax-Scotts Community Schools
Attn: Renee Bush, Superintendent's Assistant
372 South Main Street
Climax, MI 49034
2020-2021 PT GSRP ASSISTANT TEACHER
Assistant Teacher for GSRP program beginning 2020-2021 school year
Monday - Thursday 8:30 – 3:30; Friday AM Plan Team Time (29.5 hours per week)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, & three letters of reference to the following:
Deadline: Until filled
Planning lessons and activities along with the Pre-K Team
Follow the GSRP guidelines as outlined
Working with the team to conduct fall and spring home-visits; preparing paperwork as necessary
Hosting evening conferences and some evening Pre-K events
Other tasks as directed
Facilitate the arrival and departure of children and families in a pleasant, organized manner.
Show respect to children by listening attentively, responding, using eye contact, and getting on their level.
Use only positive discipline/guidance techniques as modeled by the Pre-K team and other staff.
Fingerprinting through FBI Licensing Vendor
There are other documents to be completed at the time of hire.
Please send a cover letter, resume, & three letters of reference to the following:
CLIMAX-SCOTTS COMMMUNITY SCHOOLS NEEDS BUS DRIVERS!
High school diploma or equivalent required. The individual must have: a valid Michigan drivers license, a positive driving record, and be able to obtain, within 60 days, a Commercial Driver's License with a P (passenger) and an S (school bus) endorsement. Must have the ability to manage students' behavior during transport, an excellent attendance record, be self-motivated, positive, and team-orientated with the ability to work cooperatively with staff and students. Must have the ability to read and understand maps. Must pass the State Skill Test, State Written Test, Department of Transportation physical and MDE Basic Training Program. Must be proficient in handling and maneuvering a school bus. Training is provided. If interested, please contact Tim Bridges, Transportation Supervisor (269) 746-5130 or via email at: email@example.com.
Climax-Scotts Community Schools is looking for substitute teachers for both the Elementary and Jr./Sr. High School
The minimum requirements for a substitute teacher are:
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Sub Permit (Associates Degree/At least 60 credit hours in any program of study)
- Criminal background screening
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
Pay Scale: Full Day $75.00 / Half Day $40
Climax-Scotts Community Schools utilizes an outside staffing agency - EduStaff - to fill substitute teaching positions. If you are interested in subbing, please visit the EduStaff website.
NOTICE OF NON-DESCRIMINATION
The Board of Education shall comply with all Federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education. It is the policy of the Board that no professional staff member, classified employee, or candidate for such a position in this District shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, sex or marital status, or disability, be discriminated against, excluded from any participation in, denied the benefits of or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which the Board is responsible for or receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.